Transportation Health Equity Principles: A New Resource from Upstream Public Health
The Six Principles of Transportation Health Equity:
- Ensure equal access to essential goods & services, jobs & economic opportunities, and healthy foods & places.
- Engage & empower impacted communities early & often, with opportunities to have real influence during all stages of decision-making.
- Implement transportation funding & investment policies that address historical disinvestment for impacted persons & for underserved neighborhoods.
- Promote access to jobs, including in the transportation sector.
- Prioritize transportation investments that ensure healthy & safe communities.
- Adopt transportation policies that promote environmental justice & sustainability.
To read more on the report, click here.
To download the full report, click here. (577 KB PDF)